Simply Stancombe

Simply Stancombe

Friday, 23 September 2011

Dear Tori

When you woke early hours of this morning for a feed I got to snuggle with you. You have the most beautiful little hands. You stroke my silky singlet and lace your fingers with mine. I love your sweet little noises. You fell asleep whilst feeding this morning. Usually I would wake daddy so that he can wrap you just the way you like it and put you back to bed, but you were sleeping so soundly that I just left you there. You were spread out in our big bed. It never ceases to amaze me how a little person like you can take up most of a king size bed. I was squished up on the very edge of my side of the bed and ended up top-and-tailing with you so I could have a little more room.
I love your smiley little face, your cute button nose and your rose bud lips. I feel that you and your brother have a very strong connection. I can see that you both love eachother very much. Whenever Levi walks into the room, your little face lights up with delight. No one makes you laugh like Levi does. In the morning when you wake and I bring you downstairs after your change, Levi is sitting at the breakfast table. He grunts, and stretches out his hands towards you. He is not satisfied until he has gotten a morning hug from his baby sister.
The other day you were sitting in your swing and Levi was playing with a balloon. He pulled a dining chair over in front of your swing and sat on it to have a chat with you. He was showing you his balloon (or bubble as he calls it) and then he mumbled something to you (because Levi's speech is not a strong point at the moment) and ran away like a man on a mission. When he returned, he had another balloon and he gave it to you. Your face lit up with delight once again and I felt blessed to have shared that moment with the two of you, where no words were exchanged, just a mutual understanding between two siblings.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post Kris! Tori is so beautiful! I know she feels blessed to have a wonderful mum like you!

    ReplyDelete