Simply Stancombe

Simply Stancombe

Thursday, 22 September 2011

To blog or not to blog

Jim and I started a travel blog in the year 2005 when we did our world trip as newlyweds.  I found the blog to be wonderful for that purpose. I have been encouraged by my friends across the ocean to start blogging again however I never saw the point.
Today as I sat writing updates in my children's keepsake books, I was watching my two eldest children playing in the courtyard. I wanted to express to them in writing how I felt for them at that very moment. The keepsake book did not have adequate room for me to write it.
A scripture from the Book of Mormon stood out to me one day as a missionary. Nephi wrote concerning his father Lehi: "he did exhort them with all the feeling of a tender parent that they (his children) would hearken unto his words" (1 Nephi 8:37). I imagined what Lehi felt like to have his precious sons stray. Lehi - knowing all that he knew and wanting his sons to receive all that the Lord has in store for those who are obedient - felt such sorrow. Now being a parent myself, I can identify. I want my children to know that although their mother can be a grumpy one, like Lehi, I have feelings that are tender and my heart is full of love for them. I give thanks to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with these three spirits and allowing me to be their mother.
This is why I have chosen to keep a blog.




                                                                                            
                                                                                                                                   picture of Nyah taken Jan 3 2008

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo glad I decided to start a blog 5 years ago. The boys absolutely LOVE reading it and looking back on things we have done and I know without it we would've lost so many memories. It's such a great family journal. I am looking forward to reading more about your gorgeous little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Blogs can be great journals and you're a beautiful writer!! You'll never run out of room with all of the things you want to share and remember!

    ReplyDelete